As parents, we all want our kids to do well academically and build quality lives for themselves going ahead. To fulfill these aspirations and avoid distractions in their focus, we often restrict their involvement in other activities apart from studies. With internet revolution, many online gaming websites have come up like https://www.friv.com which has simplified the accessibility to gaming of children of all ages. Hence it has become difficult to keep them away. But here is good news for all those who are worried about increasing gaming passion of their kids. As per a new study shared by
www.iflscience.com/brain/playing-video-games-good-your-brain-here-s-how/, it is noticed that playing video games is beneficial for the development of the kids.
Some surprising benefit of playing 3D games which would change your view about video games are as under.
1. Enhances memory capacity, multi-tasking, critical thinking and reading skills. Various formats of video games like gameplay, children get involved in the game and apply rational logic to win the game. This way their cognitive function and reasoning skills improve. Since a coordination between hand and eye is required to play the game, kids learn to multitask, and develops their motor skills.
2. It helps children who have Dyslexia: The cause of Dyslexia is identified as undue attention. While playing video games, one needs to concentrate continuously for a more extended period of time, this problem can be overcome.
3. Sharpens skills and knowledge of Math and Science: Usually, for clearing a level of the game, you need to be calculative, apply logic and do a lot of reading of the instructions and cheat codes popping up in between. This way it teaches problem solving skill in kids which is the base concept for subjects like math and science.
4. Social interaction is equally an essential attribute in nurturing the personality of the child. Some kids may have an introvert nature and may not be expressive in person with co-students at school. However, the option of online multiplayer gaming gives them an opportunity to make friends and socialize a bit virtually.
5. Surprisingly it improves the vision: This could be a contradiction to what we usually think, that watching too much of TV for continuous gaming may adversely affect the eye. But a study has proved that playing games can help improve the vision of people with lazy eyes. Since the eyes have to simultaneously perform various tasks, for example in case of a war game, identifying the enemy in camouflage requires a lot of focus and alertness. Thus, by using following proper precaution like anti-glare screens. Right distance maintained from the screen and taking regular breaks in between can make gaming instead of a helpful technique for curing lazy eyes.
6. Fasten up decision-making capabilities: While playing the game, you need to decide in split seconds which can affect your winning chance in the game. Therefore, gaming improves decision-making skills and encourages speedy settlement of issues.
You might have found the above advantages astonishing but as said, doing everything in a limit is only fruitful. Therefore, instead of stopping your kids playing video games, you should set up specific schedules and timelines to be followed by the adults and kids. Maintaining the balance between academic involvement and utilization of free time letting the young once play outside or playing video games is essential.